Head of Data Governance
This premier Wholesale/Banking Markets (WBM) Group is in the process of creating a new “shared service” approach to a number of its key infrastructure & business support functions. Data Governance & the establishment of a centralised data management group will be critical to this.
The Data Governance Function is currently being defined and in the early stages of its rollout with Senior level executive focus and sponsorship. The function needs to transition from a project mode into a fully-fledged BAU service and this role will help to shape and lead the function going forward.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Shaping and agreeing the Data Governance strategy and defining the implementation approach. Defining and agreeing the Data Governance roadmap and work plan.
- Providing leadership in designing a central data governance function, leveraging work done so far. Designing the target operating model, organisational & governance structures, processes, resource profiles & plans etc.
- Providing leadership in implementing a best of breed BAU Data Governance Service with appropriate KPIs and SLAs.
- Securing the Data Governance budget and resourcing. Owning the scoping, phasing and planning of the data governance rollout
- Providing leadership and day to day management in running the service and function going forward (approximately 10 staff).
- Leading communication effort in growing the data governance service across WBM.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure continued buy-in
- Supporting the WBM Data Group and the Head of Data in the alignment and simplification of the data landscape, through the data governance rollout. Promoting standards and facilitating agreement on master sources.
- Driving value, maintaining positive yield on data governance investment. Promoting Data Governance and Data Management good habits by drawing from industry best practices.
Candidates will have a solid track record in leading and shaping a Data team/function/department, with experience in designing and implementing (data) governance solutions or critical components thereof. They will need experience in business/process/workflow modelling as well as good consulting and presentation skills and be used to engaging with senior management.
They will be a strong & confident communicator, aware of political sensitivities and facilitator of consensus. They should also have a good understanding of the data challenges within large organisations with working experience in the financial industry & a solid understanding of banking terminology. They will need a basic understanding of data modelling and a practical understanding within the data governance context.
0203 440 5238